There are plenty of opportunities to entertain yourself outside our finca.
The interior of Valencia is beautiful with beautiful nature, villages and the wine region of Utiel-Requena. South of Valencia city is La Albufera nature park with rice fields and a large lake. On the lake you can make a guided boat trip.
In the surroundings of our finca you can hike and for the cyclist or ATB there is enough challenge.
The city of Valencia
Valencia is accessible via the A3 and is about a 45 minute drive from our finca. The city has an old center with museums, cathedrals, shops, bars, restaurants, beaches and a harbor. Regularly there are festivals in Valencia.
You can visit Ciutat de les Arts i de les Ciències. This complex consists of several buildings such as a museum, aquarium, opera house etc.
Around the city center, a park has been made in the dry river bed of the Rio Túria, where you can go as a pedestrian, runner or by bike. In the city you can rent bicycles at various locations.
The city of Alicante
Alicante is a 2 hour drive from our finca and is accessible via the AP-7.
Alicante also has a nice center with beaches around the corner. Pay a visit to the castle of Santa Bárbara. The castle is located on top of the mountain Benacantil and gives a great view over the city, the beach and the surroundings. You can reach the castle on foot or by car, but there is also a lift in the mountain.
In Alicante you can also find museums and cathedrals with restaurants and shops.
Do you like to play golf then there are plenty of opportunities within an hour drive of our finca like El Bosque Golf Club with 18 holes (Chiva), Club de Golf Manises with 9 holes (Manises near the airport), Masia de las Estrellas with 9 holes (Catarroja ), Golf El Saler with 18 holes (El Saler) etc.
Furthermore, the region offers:
- Circuit Ricardo Tomar in Cheste, where the Motor GP takes place once a year. But events take place throughout the year. Look on the site for more information, https://www.circuitricardotormo.com.
- Buñol with the tomato fights (Tomatina) every year in the last weekend of August
- Explore the inland by car: drive towards Montserrat, Villamarxant or just south through the inland.
- Nature: Serra Calderona, Chera-Sot de Chera Natural Park, Camino Natural Turia (Pedralba - Siete Aguas)
- If you want to shop for a day, but do not want to go into the city, you can go to the Bonaire shopping center (30 minute drive).